What is a reverse mortgage?
A reverse mortgage is a home loan (used for any purpose) where seniors, 62 and older, can access the equity (cash) built up in their home. (Note the form below will help determine if you qualify!)
There are several different reverse mortgage programs. Fannie Mae Home Keeper®, Jumbo Cash-Out loan, and the HUD-insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) are three such programs. As demand increases, more reverse mortgage programs from different organizations will become available.
It is called a reverse mortgage because you borrow money from a lender, but the lender makes monthly payments to you, rather than you making monthly payments to the lender. All interest is paid at the end of the loan, rather than in the beginning.
What are some of the benefits of a reverse mortgage?
- Strengthen your personal and financial independence.
- Help pay for health care or other needs.
- You can never lose your home in foreclosure as long as you maintain the property tax and insurance payments.
- The loan is only paid off when the house is sold by you or your heirs, or all borrowers move out of the house.
- Keep your Medicare or Social Security benefits.
- Use it as a credit line and draw upon it as needed.
- Get all your cash right away.
- Get the best of both—get cash now and have a balance in reserve to use as a credit line.
- No Income Requirements: The homeowner does not need to be working and is not qualified based on income.
As the homeowner receives monthly cash income, the loan balance increases. In the following twelve-month example, the homeowner begins with a debt-free home. As money is received by the homeowner, the mortgage grows. By the end of month twelve, the homeowner owes the bank $6,000 plus $232.44 interest. Reverse Mortgage loans have a variable rate and a fixed rate option. Critical counseling is imperative here by an expert.
Please use the form below and I will contact you with information on your eligibility and strategies on how best to make this work for your needs. There is no obligation and my counseling on this is FREE of CHARGE to you!